Nani scores in the 29th minute....
...and again in the 31st
- Manchester United release financial report: ( SB Nation | Manchester Evening News | Sky | FSC | BBC | ESPN | Sun | Guardian | Telegraph | Daily Mail )
- David Gill denies club will break UEFA rules: ( Telegraph )
- The Guardian: Manchester United's owners face fresh protests after record £83m loss
"We are not a club that needs to sell. We have money in the bank so there is zero pressure on that, no pressure at all to sell any star player whether it is Wayne Rooney or X, Y or Z. I can categorically say that. The philosophy is to retain and attract the best players. We have £165m in the bank but in some ways we would prefer to have £80m in the bank and Ronaldo on the pitch. " - David Gill ( Manchester Evening News | Sky | Guardian | Daily Mail | Telegraph )
CHRIS SMALLING'S GOAL AND MORE LINKS AFTER THE JUMP!
Chris Smalling scores the winner for the England U21 side as they defeat Romania 2-1
- Edwin Van der Sar denies reports that he's retiring at the end of the season: ( Sky | Sun | ESPN | Guardian | Telegraph | Daily Mail )
- Federico Macheda denies calling Wayne Rooney a 'chav' and it was a misunderstanding in Italian: ( Manchester Evening News | Sky | FSC | Guardian | Daily Mail | Telegraph )
- The Sun: Inside Wes Brown's screaming row with Alex Ferguson
- Speaking of Sir Alex, he took a tour of the White House: ( AFP )
- Manutd.com (requires registration): VIDEO: Goals of the Month (September)
- Jeventus play down reports linking Gianluigi Buffon to United ( Manchester Evening News | Sky | ESPN | Telegraph )
- Macheda's agent plays down talks that his client is going back to Italy ( Sky )
Manchester Evening News: James Robson: United hunting for Red October
- The Guardian: David Conn: Manchester United fail to heed lessons of Liverpool's sorry decline
- The Telegraph: Jim White: Liverpool debt problems cast warning shadow over Manchester United
- The Telegraph: Paul Kelso: Manchester United's accounts show the Glazers are doing what they intended
- Michael Owen still hasn't given up on England: ( Sky | ESPN )
- Rio Ferdinand returns to England training: ( Daily Mail )
Johnny Evans played all 90 minutes, while brother Corry came on in the 80th minute.
Nemanja Vidic played all 90 minutes and was booked in the 87th minute for dissent.
Nani got the start, score two goals and was brought off in the 88th minute.
Darren Fletcher played all 90 minutes.
|Chris Smalling played all 90 minutes and scored the winner in the 84th. Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck both started the match before being brought off in the 75th and 81st minutes, respectively.|
And on one final note: Federico Macheda was an unused substitute in Italy's U21 2-0 win over Belarus.