Back row (L-R): Unsure, Gary Neville, Simon Davies, John O'Kane, Unsure, Nicky Butt, Chris Casper
Front row: Robbie Savage, David Beckham, George Switzer, Keith Gillespie, Paul Scholes, Chris Casper
Not sure on the year, probably 92 or 93...found on Twitpic
I got off to a late start, so this will be a short one. I guess tomorrows will be pretty full, eh?
- Sky Sports: Rio expects to keep armband
- The Daily Mail: Rio Ferdinand plays down England captain debate despite Steven Gerrard's heroics
- Sky Sports: Becks rules out England job WHEW! That's gotta be a relief for Redknapp and Hughes and the other managers that have their eye on the job. I don't know which link is funnier from the last two days...this one or the one yesterday that had Owen wanting back on the England squad.
- The FA: Under 21's to discover play-off fate
- The BBC: France upholds Patrice Evra five-match ban. Aww, such a shame I guess that means he'll just be more focused on United for a while.
- Fox Soccer: French federation upholds Evra's 5-match ban
- Fox Soccer: Portugal boss Queiroz fired
TEAM WALES: Graphic coming soon
- The Daily Mail: John Toshack resigns as Wales manager I mention this because it happened since yesterday's post. It's looking less and less likely that Ryan Giggs will end up in charge anytime soon.
- Manchester Evening News: Giggs in frame as Toshack quits This guy disagrees with me.
- The Telegraph: Manchester City 'driven nuts' by Manchester United's taunting banner Good. I'm glad it annoys you. That kinda makes the 'Welcome to Manchester' trash you were hanging up last summer bother me less somehow.
- Sky Sports: Big spenders irk Neville
- The Sun: Gary Neville's Manchester City jibe.
- The Telegraph: Manchester United's Gary Neville aims new verbal barb at Manchester City The Nevilles boys grew up in Manchester...I'd imagine they have a special hate for City...kind of like Rooney's special hate for Anfield scouse. Anyhow, I guess we know who to pencil in at RB for that game now...
- Sky Sports: Neville feared the end
- Sky Sports: Ferdinand blasts youth culture I think the same is true in the NFL and NBA.
- The Sun: Girls 'n clubs are game's curse
RESERVES BEAT STOCKPORT 2-0:
Manutd.com: Reserves: United 2 Stockport 0
- 7500 to Holte (Aston Villa): Sports and Supporter Superstitions
- We Aint Got No History (Chelsea): No More Diamonds
- The Republik of Mancuina: Rio: You bitter United dropped you, Robbie? If you do the Twitter thing, you can follow Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5 and Robbie Savage @robbiesavage8.
- Manchester Evening News: Rooney to get the Fergie treatment
- The Sun: United could drop Rooney for Everton game
- The Guardian: Wayne Rooney to leave Manchester United? Makes no sense. But....
- The Telegraph: No cheer for Wayne Rooney as old foes lie in wait for Manchester United striker
- The Telegraph: Epic moralising over Wayne Rooney fuels unedifying game of whodunnit