The Busby Babe United Shots (on target) Total Passes Passing Accuracy Ball Possession Tackles won Interceptions Fouls Corners Offsides
The Busby Babe
Shots (on target)
* David De Gea (goalkeeper): 8 saves, 0 goals conceded, 19/37 passing (51%)
* Nemanja Vidic (right-center-back): 22/30 passing (73%), 0 tackles, 2 interceptions, 10 clearances, 1 block, 2 fouls, 6/10 aerial duels (60%)
* Jonny Evans (left-center-back): 43/47 passing (91%), 0 tackles, 2 interceptions, 8 clearances, 1 block, 0 fouls, 5/6 aerial duels (83%)
* Phil Jones (right-back): 33/44 passing (75%), 3 tackles, 2 interceptions, 6 clearances, 1 block, 0 fouls, 5/10 aerial duels (50%)
* Patrice Evra (left-back): 48/56 passing (86%), 4 tackles, 0 interceptions, 4 clearances, 1 block, 0 fouls, 1/4 aerial duels (25%), 1 assist
* Darren Fletcher (central-midfielder): 40/43 passing (93%), 0 key passes, 2 tackles, 2 interceptions, 0 blocks, 1 foul, 0 successful dribbles
* Tom Cleverley (central-midfielder): 34/41 passing (83%), 1 key pass, 1 tackle, 1 interception, 0 blocks, 0 fouls, 0 successful dribbles
* Wayne Rooney (central-attacking-midfielder): 48/57 passing (84%), 0 key passes, 2 tackles, 1 interception, 2 successful dribbles, 0 fouls won, 1 shot (0 on target)
* Park Ji-sung (right-midfielder): 31/35 passing (89%), 1 key pass, 0 successful dribbles, 3 fouls won, 1 shot (1 on target), 3 tackles, 5 interceptions
* Danny Welbeck (left-midfielder): 28/31 passing (90%), 2 key passes, 2 successful dribbles, 1 foul won, 2 shots (1 on target), 0 tackles, 1 interception
* Javier Hernandez (striker): 14/16 passing (88%), 2 key passes, 0 successful dribbles, 1 foul won, 2 shots (2 on target) 1 goal
POST-MATCH QUOTES (courtesy of MUTV)
Sir Alex Ferguson | MUFC manager
(On overall thoughts on the match...) "It was a hard game. We expect a hard game every time we come to Everton, in fairness. The crowd get behind them and they show great enthusiasm. In the first half in particular we played very, very well. Second half we defended well and that was the pleasing aspect for me. Winning 1-0 - I'll take half a dozen of those anytime because that's championship form when you get those kind of results. We had probably the best chances in the game. All their attempts were crosses and we managed to get most of them away. Really David [De Gea] has not had anything to do in terms of saves. They were unlucky when they hit the bar, it was a fantastic free-kick, so we rode our luck on that one. I thought we just battled in the second half and got the result we wanted."
(On the return of Vidic to his side in Premier League play... ) "Everyone's telling us the stats about chances made against us. We have to reduce that, If we're going to win the league we have to reduce those types of statistics against us. Today we were very solid. That was a fantastic performance by him [Vidic]. Every ball that came in he got it clear, and that's his specialty: he's a fantastic header of the ball. That was the key to us today."
(On the United midfield and attack... ) "All the midfield players were terrific too, in the first half, and Danny Welbeck and Ji-sung Park had some great interchange play."The goal was an absolutely brilliant goal and Chicharito does what he does best and got us the goal that won the match."
Phil Jones | MUFC defender
(On bouncing back after last week's derby disaster...) "Everyone showed today what Manchester United are about. It was a bad day at the office last week but we've shown fantastic team spirit in training, got our heads up and picked ourselves up quickly. This is a massive win for us today and we're delighted in the changing room."
(On overall thoughts on how United defended...) "It was tough and we expected it from Everton because of previous years of coming here. It was mad [at the end] and we had to defend it but we did that and, thankfully, got the three points. It's very nice as a defender [to get a clean sheet]. Defensively as a unit, I thought 11 players defended and not just four. 11 players defended terrifically well. They were throwing the kitchen sink at us today and I thought we stood strong as a unit and held together."
(On the return of Vidic...) "He's our captain and you don't want to go without your captain. He showed his determination and grit today and it wears off on everyone else."