The Busby Babe Swansea United Shots (on target) Total Passes Passing Accuracy Ball Possession Tackles won Interceptions Fouls Corners Offsides
The Busby Babe
Shots (on target)
* David De Gea (goalkeeper): 1 save, 0 goals conceded, 19/25 passing (76%)
* Nemanja Vidic (right-center-back): 42/50 passing (84%), 0 tackles, 2 interceptions, 7 clearances, 0 shots blocked, 0 fouls, 3/6 aerial duels (50%)
* Rio Ferdinand (left-center-back): 56/59 passing (95%), 1 tackle, 4 interceptions, 3 clearances, 1 shot blocked, 0 fouls, 0/0 aerial duels
* Phil Jones (right-back): 46/53 passing (87%), 6 tackles, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances, 2 shots blocked, 0 fouls, 0/1 aerial duels (0%), 0/2 crosses
* Patrice Evra (left-back): 27/33 passing (82%), 5 tackles, 3 interceptions, 3 clearances, 0 shots blocked, 1 foul, 0/1 aerial duels (0%), 0/2 crosses
* Michael Carrick (central-midfield): 92/96 passing (96%), 2 key passes, 3 accurate long balls, 0 accurate through balls, 5 tackles, 4 interceptions, 0 fouls won, 1 foul
* Ryan Giggs (central-midfield): 53/77 passing (69%), 3 key passes, 7 accurate long balls, 1 accurate through balls, 2 tackle, 3 interception, 0 fouls won, 1 foul, 1 assist
* Nani (right-midfield): 30/45 passing (67%), 1 key pass, 0 successful dribbles, 0 fouls won, 3 shots (0 on target), 0/5 crosses, 0 tackles, 2 interceptions
* Ji-Sung Park (left-midfield): 54/59 passing (92%), 0 key passes, 0 successful dribbles, 3 fouls won, 0 shots (0 on target), 0/2 crosses, 7 tackles, 3 interceptions
* Wayne Rooney (withdrawn striker): 59/64 passing (92%), 1 key pass, 1 successful dribbles, 0 fouls won, 6 shots (2 on target), 7 accurate long balls, 2 accurate through balls, 2 tackles, 1 interception
* Javier Hernandez (striker): 18/23 passing (78%), 0 key passes, 0 successful dribbles, 3 fouls won, 1 shot (1 on target), 1 goal
* Fabio (left-back | substitute - 51'): 14/18 passing (78%), 2 tackles, 1 interception, 4 clearances, 0 shots blocked, 2 fouls, 2/5 aerial duels (40%), 0/1 crosses
* Darren Fletcher (central-midfield | substitute - 76'): 16/17 passing (94%), 1 key pass, 1 accurate long ball, 0 accurate though balls, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 0 fouls won, 0 fouls
* Antonio Valencia (right-midfield | substitute - 84'): 10/12 passing (83%), 1 key pass, 0 successful dribbles, 0 fouls won, 0 shots, 0/1 crosses, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions
Sir Alex Ferguson | MUFC manager (courtesy of MUTV)
(On United's defensive performance and on keeping the clean sheet...) "Keeping clean sheets has been an integral part of our success and we have been careless with our defending. A few weeks ago there was genuine criticism about the defending and the chances opponents were getting. Swansea didn’t really make any chances apart from the miss they had in the first half. It was a solid performance and we never looked like losing the game. We were comfortable and had good possession. And when you win these games 1-0 it brings the concentration back to a good level which has been lacking. The concentration we showed today is exactly the concentration we need back in the team.We’ve tightened things up and there were some good performances by our defenders."
(On Michael Carrick's standout performance and on squad depth...) " Michael Carrick was outstanding. I thought he did really well – it was a big performance from him. To get Michael back to that form and have the likes of Ryan [Giggs] available gives us good options. We also brought on Fabio, Fletcher and Valencia which shows you the strength of the squad – they were good changes at important times in the game. The squad we’ve got now is strong and I can make changes with confidence and that’s very important at this stage of the season."
(On Swansea...) "They’ve got a great home record and that’s something we looked at before the game. They’re a good football team and they keep the ball well."We maybe should have done better with the chances we got towards the end of the game, but when you look at the way Swansea have been going in terms of form it was a good result."
Ryan Giggs | MUFC midfielder
(On United's early goal...) "Sometimes it can happen that way. We scored an early goal and then we sat back. We shouldn’t have done that really."
(On playing Swansea in Wales and at Liberty Stadium...) "It’s a tough place to come. Their record this season shows that, they were unbeaten here until today. So we knew it would be tough."
(On the recent international break and the various fitness levels within the squad...) "Some of our players hadn’t had a game for two or three weeks and some, like Phil Jones and Nani, had two tough games. But that’s not an excuse. We probably need to play better if we’re going to get more positive results."
Michael Carrick | MUFC midfielder
(On the flow of the match, Swansea, and the result...) "They had a lot of possession but that’s their game. They play off the ball and keep it for long spells. We knew that before the game. It was just a case of staying patient really. Considering the chances they had, I think we were quite comfortable in terms of goal threats. You always want to score more goals, of course, but I don’t think it’s a concern. It’s about winning games and it’s a good sign that we can win games like that. We haven’t been at our best but there’ll be a point in the season when everything will come easily. We’ll score some more goals because of the talent in our team. We believe we can do that, but at this time it is about grafting, sticking together and showing a lot of character. We are happy, we weren’t at our best but three points is nice. The football wasn’t as fluent or easy on the eye as it could have been but 1-0 is a win and we’ll take that. At this stage of the season it is about picking up points and wins - judge where we are by Christmas and we’ll kick on from there."
(On his recent lack of playing time...) "I want to play in every game, like everyone else. But I understand the situation, it is a long season and I’ve been here before when I haven’t played too much at the start and ended up having a good season. I am patient and it is frustrating, but I have just got to be ready and I enjoyed it today."