Cruzeiro have reportedly rejected a €10 million bid from an English club for their attacking midfielder Everton Ribeiro. Given that he's been linked with a move to Old Trafford for a while now, there's a good chance that it's Manchester United's offer which has been turned down.
The 24-year-old's agent Robson Ferreira and Cruzeiro sporting director Alexandre Mattos have both been quoted in Brazilian website LANCE!Net as confirming that the unnamed club's offer didn't meet their valuation of the playmaker. However, according to Ferreira, negotiations aren't completely dead:
"We presented the offer to Cruzeiro and we scheduled another meeting in the coming days. The club would like to keep him and the player wants to help Cruzeiro in the Copa Libertadores. We will try to unite all interests."
That seems to suggest that a move in January is unlikely, but Ribeiro's arrival at said unnamed English club at a later date is plausible. He only joined Cruzeiro last year, and his only international experience for Brazil has been at U20 level. Even so, he starred for the club in their Brasileirão-winning campaign in 2013, and reportedly has more than one big suitor.
- Gundogan "really open" to transfer as Manchester United make enquiry
- David Moyes in Italy again, with Marek Hamsik rumoured to be Manchester United's target
- Manchester United miss out on key signing, say reports
- Could Rafael and Fábio really leave Manchester United in the summer?
- David Moyes meets with Juventus executives over Vidal AND Pogba - report