The United academy star had been linked along with Ryan Tunnicliffe to be joining Rene Meulensteen at Fulham, but the Daily Mail's Adam Crafton states that he won't be allowed to leave permanently. Fulham have used up all their loan spots from Premier League clubs, so that would appear to rule that out.
Then, however, Sky Sports News contradicted that by claiming the player is at Fulham for a medical. Which couldn't be a loan, so it'd have to be a permanent deal too.
Cole was one of the brighter prospects in the United academy so it's a slight surprise that United would let him leave, but we've been here before with Mats Daehli, now at Cardiff via Molde. With Jesse Lingard ahead of him in the pecking order
and United set to sign Marco Reus before bringing Ronaldo back home, perhaps he's just missed his chance. Nonetheless, we wish him well.
- What could happen at Manchester United on transfer deadline day?
- Manchester United star's agent rules out rumoured January exit
- Fulham make bid for Manchester United duo
- Manchester City set to beat Manchester United to midfield target?
- Tottenham Hotspur reportedly one of three clubs in for Manchester United striker