Will Keane could be heading out on loan to Queens Park Rangers, according to Harry Redknapp.
The R's manager stated his interest in the United academy product, saying "he's a good young player and someone we're interested in."
The forward was supposed to be part of the first-team squad at the start of last season but was badly injured and missed almost the whole campaign. His return to action this season saw him appear to lose little of his edge as he continued his prolific form in internationals and under-21 matches.
We're certainly not short of forwards, having Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez, and Nick Powell and Angelo Henriquez are also on the books. The chances of Keane getting any playing time soon appear remote so sending him out on loan makes perfect sense. QPR are without their main striker Charlie Austin due to injury, so he should initially see plenty of game time.
- What could happen at Manchester United on transfer deadline day?
- Manchester United star's agent rules out rumoured January exit
- Fulham make bid for Manchester United duo
- Manchester City set to beat Manchester United to midfield target?
- Tottenham Hotspur reportedly one of three clubs in for Manchester United striker