David Moyes will be handed at least £100 million to spend this summer, according to the Telegraph's Mark Ogden. The news follows Ed Woodward's announcement that Manchester United will look to "move in the market how we haven't seen in recent years."
Despite their current on-field predicament, United appear to be faring rather well financially at present. The Reds recently revealed record revenues for the second quarter, and if a separate Telegraph report is to be believed -- remember Ogden is pretty hot when it comes to United, and called the Juan Mata deal last month -- the record £53 million Chevrolet shirt sponsorship deal would be unaffected by failing to qualify for the Champions League.
So, there are at least some positives to be found in our darkest hour in the last quarter of a century, and summer isn't too far away. The question now is, who should Moyes make his number one target?
- Juan Mata willing to play 'anywhere' for Manchester United
- Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United: Reds miss chance to beat dreadful Gunners
- Arsenal vs. Manchester United: Lineups and live coverage, Fellaini returns
- Woodward confirms Manchester United set for huge squad overhaul
- Tom Cleverley gives a shameful, embarrassing interview with Oliver Holt