Fortunately, there's no chance of that happening, right? Well, the very-well-connected United fanzine, Red Issue, tweeted this last night:
Flutterers: lump on Queiroz. "Value".— Red Issue (@RedIssue) April 20, 2014
At the time, you could get 66/1 on the Portuguese being the next United manager. Now, those odds have tumbled to as little as 10/1. Now, bookies odds aren't always the most reliable - the fact that RI tipped it along will have had some effect, as will the knowledge that Moyes is now a dead man walking. But we should probably start to be a bit worried about this.
Queiroz of course went on to manage Real Madrid and Portugal, and was pretty rubbish in both jobs. Frankly, the only reason to get him in would be if Cristiano Ronaldo came with him. We won't hold our breath.
- Manchester United set to sack David Moyes, according to reports
- David Moyes speaks out on Welbeck transfer request: "Danny is really important to me and Manchester United"
- Everton 2-0 Manchester United: Moyes could be on brink after one of the worst performances of the season
- Everton vs. Manchester United, Lineups and live thread: Nani gets surprise start
- Manchester United will return for Ander Herrera in summer transfer window - report