WOW... heart of lions... heart of champions!
A few quick thoughts, I'll have the post-match review up later today...
* Blackpool's insane pressing/high-line KILLED us
* Fletcher got killed by Adam, got dragged out of position and left Gibson isolated to do too much
* Interchanging/running of Blackpool attackers confused United's defense... Blackpool winning the ball back high the up the pitch didn't leave United time to organize
* With the lead and that intensity of pressing not sustainable, Scholes+Giggs had time on the ball... not good for Blackpool when playing high line. The 2 legends found space behind the defense for Chicharito and Nani to run onto.
* This worked better with Chicharito because he plays higher. Rooney played too deep to make consistent runs behind that high line
* Adam fatigued, but Fletcher defended him better with more discipline. Knowing he had a 2 man central midfield the 2nd half forced him to be better disciplined positionally.
* Berba.... big goals and on the road... I hope the pundits quit sippin' on the haterade for a bit
* I don't know if there's a sports team out there in the whole world that is collectively as mentally tough as this United team.... I'm amazed by their heart
* Kudos to Blackpool... Hell of an effort