Manchester United's February fixtures have concluded and once again, it was a successful month. Sir Alex Ferguson's side were involved in 5 matches across 3 competitions and they went unbeaten. The only draw was a Champions League 1-1 result against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. The Reds picked up the maximum 9 points in the Premier League -- and extended their lead in the title race to 12 points over Manchester City -- while they also defeated Reading in the FA Cup in order to earn passage to the quarter-final of that competition.
In attack, by United's standards, they weren't too prolific (8 goals in 5 games). Nani and Ryan Giggs were the joint leading goalscorers with 2 goals apiece while talisman Robin van Persie only provided a single goal this month. The club, though, had brilliant goalkeeping thanks to David de Gea while defenders Rafael, Nemanja Vidic, Jonny Evans, and Rio Ferdinand all had some tremendous games too. Phil Jones deserves great credit for his shadowing of Marouane Fellaini and Cristiano Ronaldo while Michael Carrick should be appreciated for continuing to be United's heartbeat. There are a plethora of worthy player of the month candidates for February.
Just in case you need a reminder, here's a listing of the games that United were involved in during February and also the players this community voted as the man of the match for those contests. Past winner from this community's voting include van Persie (August, September, December, and January), Wayne Rooney (October), and Javier Hernandez (November). It looks like we'll have a new winner this month.
* February 2 | Fulham 0-1 Manchester United | Premier League | MOTM - David de Gea
* February 10 | Manchester 2-0 Everton | Premier League | MOTM - Rafael
* February 13 | Real Madrid 1-1 Manchester United | UEFA Champions League | MOTM - David de Gea
* February 18 | Manchester United 2-1 Reading | FA Cup | MOTM - Nani
* February 23 | Queens Park Rangers 0-2 Manchester United | Premier League | MOTM - Rafael