Manchester United will have to make do without Wayne Rooney against Swansea City on Saturday as the forward has been sent away to recuperate.
David Moyes stated: "Wayne has been sent away on a sort of hot weather break. His groin has not recovered yet. We've sent a fitness coach with him and he is away with his family.
"So we've given him a bit of a break. I always hoped I would be able to do that at some point in the season, but his groin is not as good as we hoped at this point. Hopefully we'll get him fit for the Chelsea game [a week on Sunday] and we'll see how he is then."
Robin van Persie is likely to miss the Swansea City game too, but has an outside chance of a place on the bench and will probably return in time to face Chelsea. Phil Jones could also return in either game, although Marouane Fellaini is continuing to recover from his wrist injury.
- Mourinho wants Rooney - and Manchester United star is likely to leave
- Manchester United seal deal for Benfica star, according to Portuguese source
- Manchester United's Chris Smalling further targeted by press for fancy dress antics
- David Moyes is losing the dressing-room, says a new report
- Manchester United make official bid for midfield star, say British press