Manchester United's Wilfried Zaha will go to Cardiff City on loan for the rest of the season, according to a report in the Daily Mirror.
The winger was Sir Alex Ferguson's last ever purchase, but has barely played under David Moyes, despite the poor form of United's other options on the wing, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks by far the likeliest to secure his signature, beating Newcastle to a deal.
Hopefully Zaha can do well, but it still seems odd given how atrocious our wingers have been and the slim likelihood of buying any in this window that we're weakening our squad given our position in the league. But there's no question that Zaha needs games, and if we aren't going to play him, this is the best option.
Whether something has gone on behind the scenes or not is open to speculation. The Daily Mail certainly seem to think so, and it might actually be more palatable than the alternative of David Moyes thinking Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young have been perfectly fine.
I'm also slightly concerned about the overall handsomeness level of our team, and this reduces it even further, but right now that's a secondary worry.
- A complete guide to Manchester United's squad: who to sell and who to keep
- £24m "Complete midfielder" could be United's #1 target as bid reports mount
- Manchester United seal deal for Ezequiel Garay, according to Portuguese source
- Rooney absent for Manchester United's Swansea game, could miss Chelsea
- Mourinho wants Rooney - and Manchester United star is likely to leave