Manchester United might have to wait until the weekend or even next week to conclude the signing of Juan Mata, according to the Mirror.
The paper report that United and Chelsea have still to sort out the exact structure of the payment. Fortunately, the report also claims United are 'relaxed' and do not believe there is any chance that the deal could fall through.
Nonetheless, with Ed Woodward at the helm, this is all a bit more worrying than it should be. Whatever happened to the helicopter? Are they using the same plane that Woodward did when he left Australia on 'urgent transfer business'?
Hopefully we can get this sorted as soon as possible so we can continue to dream about where to put him in our lineup once we've signed Marco Reus, Ilkay Gundogan, Ander Herrera and Arturo Vidal. But they're really not making this very easy at all for us at the moment.
- Michael Carrick reportedly set for a month on the sidelines
- Juan Mata "still in London", Manchester United deal "very unlikely" tonight
- Introducing... The Busby Babe Sporcle League
- Juan Mata deal could be postponed, according to Sky Sports
- Last hurdle of Juan Mata transfer appears to be cleared as Chelsea sign Salah