Manchester United have made a £22.5m bid for Luke Shaw, according to the Daily Mirror.
United have just broken their transfer record to sign Juan Mata from Chelsea, but it looks as though they will make another big buy by attempting to acquire the wonderkid left-back from Southampton.
The offer apparently tops Chelsea's of £21m. Shaw is known to be a Chelsea supporter, but David Moyes reportedly hoped to entice the youngster with the promise of being a first-team starter from the beginning as well as a 'lucrative' contract offer.
We'll be very sad to see Patrice Evra go, but he really does need replacing at this point as United look to shore up a horrifically leaky defence that was particularly evident during the horrorshow at Stamford Bridge.
It looks like we're rectifying the mistakes of January and going after top talent hard in this window. Too late, of course, but certainly not too little.
- Michael Carrick reportedly set for a month on the sidelines
- Juan Mata "still in London", Manchester United deal "very unlikely" tonight
- Introducing... The Busby Babe Sporcle League
- Juan Mata deal could be postponed, according to Sky Sports
- Last hurdle of Juan Mata transfer appears to be cleared as Chelsea sign Salah