Juan Mata has given an interview to MUTV after signing for Manchester United, and revealed a few details on the move.
Firstly, the club confirmed the fee as being £37.1m, which is unusual considering clubs almost always cite an 'undisclosed' fee, especially for transfers of this size.
Secondly, David Moyes confirmed that Juan Mata is likely to play on Tuesday against Cardiff City, saying "I'd like to get him involved in some way if I can." On that game, Mata said "I'm looking forward to play my first game and score."
Mata also revealed that David de Gea was "important for [him] arriving here", stating "he was texting me asking if I was coming by helicopter or bike" (something that most United fans will sympathise with.
- Wayne Rooney contract rumours continue, say fresh reports
- Juan Mata, a helicopter and a sexy suit
- After signing Juan Mata, Manchester United line up whopping £62m deal for Wayne Rooney
- Manchester United follow Mata signing with £22.5m bid for wonderkid
- CONFIRMED: Manchester United announce Juan Mata signing