Javier Hernandez could be set to leave Manchester United very soon to join AS Monaco, according to reports.
The club's interest had been reported by Marca and appeared in the UK press this morning, but now ESPN's spanish coverage has reported that he has actually signed a contract, although this doesn't appear to be anything more than a tweet from one of their journalists at present.
It looks increasingly likely that Chicharito could be off in this window, regardless. With the emergence of Danny Welbeck as a fine goalscoring striker and of course Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie, Hernandez was always likely to find opportunities limited. That came to pass when the latter two suffered injuries, but he's looked badly out of shape, showing a horrible touch and failing to be as prolific as he has been in the past.
Hernandez was well-liked by Reds but it's become increasingly apparent that he wasn't quite good enough to be a starter, and with the World Cup looming, he clearly doesn't want to be a bench player, which is fair enough. Someone is about to get a very good goalscorer.
- Manchester United closing in on midfield star - report
- Manchester United look set to miss out on midfield target
- Juan Mata will wear the number 8 shirt at Manchester United
- Manchester United miss out on left-back target
- Manchester United persuading Wayne Rooney to sign new contract with 'transfer secrets' - report