David Moyes has said that Manchester United will not be doing any deadline-day deals as the club has "done their business."
Via the club's official Twitter account:
Moyes on deadline day: "You can stand down your TV cameras at the gates. I don't think they'll be required. We've done our business." #mufc— Manchester United (@ManUtd) January 31, 2014
Moyes adds: "We have a few young players who'll go on loan before the window closes. We hope they get experience and become better for it."— Manchester United (@ManUtd) January 31, 2014
So, there you have it. Definitive? Well, not exactly. There are still rumours flying around and there's every chance United could try and get something done, and we were told the exact same thing before we signed Juan Mata. But there's not a whole lot out there at the moment that can be stood up, so we may well be telling the truth for once. Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.
- What could happen at Manchester United on transfer deadline day?
- Manchester United star's agent rules out rumoured January exit
- Fulham make bid for Manchester United duo
- Manchester City set to beat Manchester United to midfield target?
- Tottenham Hotspur reportedly one of three clubs in for Manchester United striker