We weren't too optimistic that this transfer deadline day would bring too many deals in at Old Trafford, but we didn't imagine how many would be out the door. It's Federico Macheda's turn now, as he's moved on loan to Birmingham City.
Sky Sports News broke the deal, and he'll join his Manchester United colleagues Tom Thorpe and Tyler Blackett. Jesse Lingard was also at the club on loan earlier this season.
While Macheda may be fondly remembered that *that* goal, it's a shame that he didn't really progress at all since then. He's joined several clubs on loan since his big break and has failed to really impress at any of them. He certainly won't be returning to United afterwards, but we wish him well and applaud his years of scousebusting efforts.
- Manchester United transfer deadline day: Live coverage of all ins and outs
- Manchester United youngster joins Birmingham City on loan
- Redknapp confirms interest in loan deal for Manchester United striker
- Manchester United defender leaves club on a permanent deal
- David Moyes speaks out on likelihood of deadline day deals at Manchester United