Now that's all blown over, we can take a step back to review the transfer window for Manchester United.
In short: we lost Anderson, Fabio, Will Keane, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Federico Macheda, Larnell Cole, and some other youngsters who were nowhere near the first team. We gained JUAN EFFING MATA.
But despite that, another window has passed where we've failed to address our most pressing concern. We've made the point before about how only going after the very best ought to be applauded, but how do we really feel about the window as a whole? Has the elation of Mata's signing now passed? Or are we still confident that's enough to achieve our goals?
- Manchester United reject late offer from Serie A giants
- Manchester United loaning out everyone as yet another star joins Birmingham City
- The two January midfield signings Manchester United appear set to pass up on
- Fulham sign Olympiacos star, Manchester United are thankful
- Manchester United youngster joins Birmingham City on loan