Robin van Persie will return to Arsenal, and Manchester United will allow it, according to Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri.
Now, Tancredi has his fingers in many pies, and he's gone in pretty big with this story, so it's not something to be just dismissed as idiotic gossip from the Italian papers.
TBB decided to check out Palmeri's utterly unlistenable podcast, but it's been summarised by the man himself elsewhere - in short, there are three points to this story.
1. Arsene Wenger met Robin van Persie's agent on the 28th of February.
2. Wenger and Van Persie both decided they wanted him to return to Arsenal.
3. Manchester United are open to this.
Conspiracy theories among some Reds have surfaced that Van Persie's injury 'recovery' was in fact his fury at seemingly being let down by Ferguson's retirement but being promised his move if he agreed to keep his head down until the end of the season. As far as I know, none of that is sourced, and is just a wild theory, but it seems like it could have some truth to it if this story is legitimate.
Of course, it could all be pure nonsense. Tancredi hardly has a 100% hit record. Let's keep an eye on this and see if it appears in the UK papers.
- Manchester United promised bumper summer transfer funds - report
- Juan Mata willing to play 'anywhere' for Manchester United
- Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United: Reds miss chance to beat dreadful Gunners
- Arsenal vs. Manchester United: Lineups and live coverage, Fellaini returns
- Woodward confirms Manchester United set for huge squad overhaul