According to a report in The Sun this morning, Wayne Rooney will see out the rest of his best playing days at Manchester United after signing a deal described by the paper as the "richest deal in Prem history."
I don't have a paid subscription to Sun+ so you'll have to buy the paper tomorrow to see the full report, but it looks like the rumours that he really would be offered a huge £300,000 per week deal were correct after all.
Looking at this deal positively, one of United's top performers this season has pledged to effectively see out his playing days at Old Trafford. Looking at it realistically, an already vastly overpaid, inconsistent performer has been handed a massive pay hike, despite multiple shows of flagrant disloyalty in the past.
Whatever his exact wage is, it's going to be sucking a huge amount from a kitty we can ill afford to squander. Hooray.
- Manchester United to allow Robin van Persie return to Arsenal - report
- Manchester United's £100m spree will be worthless without ruthlessness from David Moyes
- Manchester United promised bumper summer transfer funds - report
- Juan Mata willing to play 'anywhere' for Manchester United
- Arsenal 0-0 Manchester United: Reds miss chance to beat dreadful Gunners