I still haven't scored any goals this season so I've felt very irritated. This is the first time in my career that I haven't been able to produce so it's disappointing.
I pressure myself to score in every game but some days it feels like I just can't win. I know I have to overcome that.
Actually, if I can't it really shows that I haven't grown as a player. So because of that I have to really focus on the second half of the season and overcome that mental block.
It's pretty rare to see a player being so self-critical as Kagawa above, making these quotes really quite interesting. Though he hasn't played in his preferred position behind the striker too often, he's never really excelled at Old Trafford, and it's nice to see he's not looking for any excuses.
It'd be great if he could overcome his mental block over the second half of the season, though it's going to be especially hard for him to find any playing time with Juan Mata and Adnan Januzaj arriving on the scene. However, he's done pretty well when out on the left for Japan, so there's still hope he could muscle his way in.
If not, then it wouldn't be surprising to see him shipped out of Manchester as part of David Moyes' impending clear-out this summer.
- Manchester United starlet trains with the first team
- A reminder to sign up for The Busby Babe's Sporcle league
- Manchester United announce US tour, featuring Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool
- Anderson warns "a lot of players want out" of Manchester United, names one
- Van Persie slyly mocks Arsenal's transfer woes and defeat to Manchester United