Manchester United's team for the game against Bayern Munich appears to have leaked, according to the Daily Mirror, with Rio Ferdinand dropped from the side.
Chris Smalling takes the place of the veteran defender at centre-back, while Phil Jones is at right-back, and Shinji Kagawa starts in the hole, with Antonio Valencia and Danny Welbeck out wide.
There is also a place for Darren Fletcher, who partners Michael Carrick in midfield.
The reported team in full:
De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Carrick, Fletcher; Valencia, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney
This could well be reliable as the journalist in question, David McDonnell, received teamsheets early from United previously in the season which turned out to be correct.
That led to some questions about who the supposed leaker was, given that David Moyes was reportedly not best pleased about it. McDonnell then stopped getting his scoops, but appears to have plucked this one out of nowhere at the exact moment Rio Ferdinand was left out of the team. We're saying nothing....
- Forlán: I told Suárez to join Manchester United after he asked me if he should stay at Liverpool
- Lou Macari gets carried away
- Wayne Rooney could take injection to play against Bayern Munich
- Why David Moyes must embrace the promise of Ka-Ma-Zaj
- Manchester United accidentally exclude Adnan Januzaj from Player of the Year competition