In what we can only assume is a deliberate attempt to stop the internet talking about Wayne Rooney's form and Luke Shaw's pride, Manchester United spent some time before tonight's League Cup tie doing their warm-ups ... in a car park.
United are training in a car park ahead of tonight's game with Northampton. The magic of the cup, eh? pic.twitter.com/94UUsEfIao— Tom (@HearUnitedSing) September 21, 2016
So much for the glamour of professional football. And they do all look a bit like they're looking for a lost contact lens, don't they? Anyway, here are some punchlines that you might like to consider at this point:
- I guess Manchester United will be parking the bus!
- It's a cup game, Jose! You don't need to practice a three-point turn!
- Why does that car have a top on it?
- Just because you've got a Chevrolet badge on your chest, lads!
- Look like Zlatan Ibrahimovic really is a cone!
- Play and Display!
- Sergio Romero looks a bit slow off his line there! You know, line! Car parks have lines ... oh, forget it. When's kick off?