Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed that Edinson Cavani will be back in contention for the game against Burnley on Tuesday.
Untied take on Burnley at Turf Moor with the chance of going three points clear of Liverpool for before their meet their rivals in the a top-of-the-table clash.
Cavani is available after serving a three-match ban for posting a message with racist language on his Instagram account, and could play his first match since the Wolves game on 29 December last year.
“Edinson has trained well since he’s been banned. He’s had a couple of days off as well - you can’t train too much. He’s ready to go,” Solskjaer told reporters ahead of the game
“He’s a different option. He’s a different type of striker to Mason [Greenwood], Anthony [Martial] and Marcus [Rashford]. I’m glad to have him back and that’s why we brought him in.
“He’s contributed really well so far. I’m sure he’ll be really important for us between now and the end of the season. The end of the season starts tomorrow night.“
Victor Lindelof and Luke Shaw were doubts for the game at Burnley but were involved in pre-match training with the rest of the fit first teamers. Eric Bailly, who suffered a neck injury, and Paul Pogba, also took limited part in the preparations and there is no guarantee that either of the pair will be available for selection.
“Yeah, all of them trained today,” Solskjaer said. “Paul and Eric didn’t do all of it, but Luke and Victor did all of it. I’ve got a decent amount of players to pick from. Let’s see with Paul and Eric and how they are tomorrow.”
One player who is certain not to feature is Phil Jones, who is still out with injury. Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero are also unlikely to feature because they are both available for transfer.